
Alex and I adopted a puppy from the humane society at the end of May. Yeah... it's already almost July and I'm just now getting around to posting this :) And mostly, I'm just doing it because Becky gave me crap. Hahahaha! Anyway, here she is...
She's a Boston Terrier, about 11 months old now. We stumbled across her at the humane society, on what seemed like a never-ending quest to find a doggie to adopt. From what I remember on her adoption card, she was a rescue from California. Her previous owner dropped her off at a shelter and listed the reason why as "Other Pet." They also noted she doesn't like other dogs (not true, unless they're super high-strung and won't get out of her face).
It's sad and pathetic that someone didn't want her anymore. She's the sweetest little thing ever, incredibly intelligent, and loves to snuggle. I call her my little shadow, because she wants to be where ever I'm at. She's great at keeping my toes warm, and is always right at the door when I get home from work. We've taught her to sit, shake, lay down, crawl, and the best trick yet... play dead when you point your fingers at her like a gun and say, "Bang! Bang!" I'm basically in love with her.

2 comments:
He's cute :) Is this the second dog you got? Wasn't there another one earlier?
So living on your own's working out? It's pretty much the shiz.
The first doggie you saw was Tank, and he is my dad's. So just one puppy lives at my house, That would be Akeldama, Dama for short. She looks like she could totally be Tank's sister. And they hate eachother, so maybe they are siblings! Hahaha...
Having my own place is working out beautifully. I've come to accept that I'm going to be broke all the time, but it's not so bad :)
Post a Comment